Keratin treatment for hair has become quite the rage recently. However, before we delve into it, let’s understand what exactly is ‘keratin.’
What Is Keratin?
A naturally occurring protein, keratin helps protect your hair and make it stronger. Keratin is produced by various internal organs and glands in the human body. A depletion in keratin in your body can lead to damaged hair. Hence, in order to maintain optimum keratin levels, people often go for artificial ways of nourishing their hair with keratin. This can be done in two ways: firstly, by using hair care products like keratin shampoo. Second, by opting for a full-fledged keratin hair treatment.
What Is a Keratin Treatment?
While regular use of products like a keratin hair mask is beneficial in the long run, it might not be enough if your hair is already looking dull and damaged. In such a situation, a keratin hair treatment is just what you need. A keratin hair treatment is sometimes also called a Brazilian Blowout. It’s the process of artificially rejuvenating your hair with keratin, thereby making it look smoother and less frizzy. Since keratin is a protective protein, the treatment is essentially about rebuilding your hair.
You can get a keratin treatment at your nearest salon. The process is quite simple: hair is washed and dried, followed by the application of keratin which is allowed to settle. Then a flat iron is used to finish up the treatment. Though simple, it could take hours so plan your day accordingly. Godrej Professional has a unique hair care keratin treatment, called Kerasmooth, that is also formaldehyde-free.
However, no artificial treatment is free of pros and cons. Let’s take a look:
Pros of Keratin Treatment
- A keratin treatment automatically makes your hair less frizzy. Guaranteed results include hair that is smooth, shiny, and strong.
- After getting a keratin treatment, hair becomes easier to manage.
- The effects of keratin treatment are long-term. With good treatment and the right hair care products, the effects can last for many months. Godrej Professional’s Kerasmooth treatment guarantees smooth, manageable hair for up to 6 months.
- Keratin is a binding protein that nourishes hair, makes it stronger, and ensures healthy growth.
- The Kerasmooth treatment also leaves behind no demarcation lines once new hair starts growing in the aftermath of the keratin treatment.
Cons of Keratin Treatment
- A keratin treatment also makes your hair look relatively straighter. This is due to a certain chemical, called formaldehyde, that can be dangerous if inhaled. Godrej Professional’s Kerasmooth treatment is free of formaldehyde.
- Keratin treatment is a little more expensive than using products like keratin rich shampoo. However, the treatment is worth every penny and ensures long-lasting results.
- A keratin treatment requires some amount of post-treatment care as well. It is important to invest in the right kind of hair care products post the keratin treatment. Experts suggest using sulphate-free shampoos. All Godrej Professional shampoos are sulphate-free.
Godrej Professional’s unique Kerasmooth formula along with its diverse keratin-infused shampoos make it a one-stop-shop for anyone looking to try out the treatment.
This article was originally published on Art of Travel.